Indoor flooding is one of the top causes of property damage in the United States. If water gets through spots in your home that it isn’t meant to be in, it could cause trouble for the structure and its inhabitants. After all, water can rot wooden components, cause metals to rust, ruin textiles and damage electrical circuits. That’s why Action Restoration is here to help. We’re one of the top restoration companies in the area.
In today’s post, learn what you can expect when you hire a water damage specialist like us to help you carry out repairs.
Sources of Water Intrusion
Listed below are some of the leading causes of water intrusion in the United States.
1. Hurricanes. Hurricanes blow violent winds that can damage parts of your home. These broken parts can let water inside your home and compromise its components.
2. Sewage Overflow and Broken Pipes. This occurs if there is a blockage in the sewer line or if there is a massive influx of rainwater into the sewers. Other causes include broken sewer lines or a malfunction from the local pump station.
3. Leaky Roofs. If there is a gap on your roof big enough for rainwater or other fluids to leak through, you can expect water infiltration to follow. Contact your local water damage restoration company to assist you with the repairs.
4. Water Heater Failure. If your water heater pipe malfunctions, it could cause leaks due to corrosion or sediment buildup inside your water tank.
Water Damage Restoration Process
1. Inspection. We’ll get the entire picture of the situation by identifying the source of the intrusion and we’ll guide you through the recommended actions before moving forward.
2. Damage Mapping. Using our probes and moisture meters, we can determine how much water has infiltrated your home in all the affected areas. This lets us extract all the water properly as quickly as we can.
3. Cost Estimation. Before we move on to the water extraction, we’ll give you an estimated range of the water extraction costs so you won’t get caught off guard. This is the opportunity to call on your water damage insurance provider if you have one.
4. Water Extraction. Once we have isolated the affected areas, we’ll use high-pressure pumps to suck out the water that has intruded your home. Worry not, as we have all the tools ready to extract water, even from hard to reach areas like cracks, crevices, and vents. Once all the water has been drained, we’ll dehumidify and sanitize the affected area to remove all vapor remnants lingering in the air. We’ll also install barriers and make any necessary repairs to ensure that water doesn’t enter your home again.
5. Cleanup. After the job is complete, we’ll deodorize the surfaces and clear the project area of any debris to free your home from potential hazards.
Do you have mold and water problems in your home? Call on your mold remediation specialist, Action Restoration! We don’t just restore homes, we restore people’s lives. Our licensed contractors will find the source of the problem and keep your home healthy and comfortable for your family to live in. Call us at (616) 200-8946 or fill out our contact form to get in touch with us.